What is Grey Power?
Grey Power Federation was founded in February 1986 as a voluntary organisation. Those involved in the early days were angry at the imposition of the surcharge on New Zealand Superannuation. Originally formed as the Auckland Superannuitants Association, Grey Power has grown nationally and gone from strength to strength.
Today there are about 70,000 financial members that stem from more than 76 Associations that are spread throughout the country.
Grey Power Federation’s Aims and Objectives
- To advance, support and protect the welfare and well being of older people.
- To affirm and protect that statutory right of every New Zealand resident, to a sufficient New Zealand Superannuation entitlement.
- To strive for a provision of a quality Health Care to all New Zealand residents regardless of income and location.
- To oppose all discriminatory and disadvantageous legislation affecting rights, security and dignity.
- To be non aligned with any political party, and to present a strong united lobby to all Parliament and statutory Bodies on matters affecting New Zealanders.
- To promote and establish links with kindred organisations.
- To promote recognition of the wide-ranging services provided by senior citizens of New Zealand.
- To gain recognition as an appropriate voice for all older New Zealanders.
Grey Power Rotorua
Grey Power Rotorua Inc was incorporated in October 1986 and has been serving our older residents since then as part of the Grey Power Federation Inc. Many good people have served on the committee since that date and helped to achieve the gains we enjoy today.
Grey Power Rotorua lobbies MPs and local government, as well as NGOs and corporates, in support of the Federation’s lobbying and as issues arrive locally.
To see the Grey Power Rotorua Inc constitution, click here.